What's new

D5000 rotating screen & Tripod

Chasing Myths

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 5, 2010
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Lavendon, Bucks
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, new to the forum, ive been away from photography for a while as I had to sell all my kit.....thankfully ive got a new set up and ready to clickaway!

Just got my D5000 and its great, much prefer it over my old D80
smile.gif


However when using the rotating screen whilst the camera is on the tipod for self takes (Im a carp angler so need to do this on occasions) the tripod gets in the way of the screen so I cant see myself, is there a bracket or something similar I can buy so the camera sits of the tripod?:violin:

Thanks in advance,

Smithy
 
Would it maybe help to further extend the top of the tripod (the pole part coming out of the top, I'm iffy on names for parts) so you could swivel it around and flip it down facing you when you're infront (if thats where you're wanting it to be). the pole would cover the center of the screen, but at least you could see where to position yourself

Hopefully that makes sense?

COMPARE3.jpg

(pic is from google)
 
Would it maybe help to further extend the top of the tripod (the pole part coming out of the top, I'm iffy on names for parts) so you could swivel it around and flip it down facing you when you're infront (if thats where you're wanting it to be). the pole would cover the center of the screen, but at least you could see where to position yourself

Hopefully that makes sense?

COMPARE3.jpg

(pic is from google)

I see what you mean:thumbup: I will have a play later, you would of thought a company like nikon would of though about this problem whilst in the design process:lmao:
 
Extending the tripod's center column makes it less stable. Substantially so if it is not a quality tripod to begin with.
 
i have a bracket for my flash that would be able to do that, but it would be rather unsteady, and i really wouldnt want it hanging off the side of the tripod.
 
i have a bracket for my flash that would be able to do that, but it would be rather unsteady, and i really wouldnt want it hanging off the side of the tripod.

Have you got a link to the bracket in question so I can have a look?:thumbup:
 
cannot find one, seeing as how its quite old. i might be able to take a picture of it later.
 
That looks like it will do the job perfect, but like you say, a very expensive solution, I wonder if there is a cheaper copy....will have to do a search:thumbup:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom