D60 image loading?

Barros VeeDub

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i have a nikon d60 and my question is to whoever owns or knows how to correct this issue or if its just what the camera does.

whenever i take a picture, the loading time the camera has to show the image takes 5-10 sec, i turned off d-lighting feature and it seemed to speed it up just slightly. when i do night photography with long exposures, it'll sit there for minutes at a time depending on how long the exposure was. Is there some feature that is on that is causing this to sit and process? or is a normal thing for nikon cameras?

my friend has a Canon XSI and his pictures show up right away no matter how long the exposure is.

thank you in advance.

~Andrew

You don't have to wait for the image to go away. Put it on continuous shooting and just hold the button. D-lighting takes some time to process, so that will slow you down. Honestly, you're best bet is to shoot in RAW. You get less consecutive shots, but you have more data to work with in PP.

I don't shoot Nikon, but it sounds like you have the long exposure noise reduction on.

If it is on, it will just sit there (taking a picture of the noise, basically) for an amount of time equal to the original exposure time.

You don't have to wait for the image to go away. Put it on continuous shooting and just hold the button. D-lighting takes some time to process, so that will slow you down. Honestly, you're best bet is to shoot in RAW. You get less consecutive shots, but you have more data to work with in PP.

i do shoot in raw, wouldnt have it any other way, haha. i have d-lighting off now, and setting it to continuous will just allow me to shoot 3 photos in a row, wouldnt it? i can keep shooting pics while the image process, but if doing a long exposure it takes a really long time, on a 30 sec exposure it will take like 5-8 min to process the image.

I don't shoot Nikon, but it sounds like you have the long exposure noise reduction on.

If it is on, it will just sit there (taking a picture of the noise, basically) for an amount of time equal to the original exposure time.

hmm... i'll look into turning off the noise reduction feature.

now my next question is how much of a difference from having noise reduction off or on will it make?

Last edited:
i also have a Nikon D60 and the same thing happened to me but my problem was the memory card writing speed. I went out and bought a faster memory card and it help out a lot.

i also have a Nikon D60 and the same thing happened to me but my problem was the memory card writing speed. I went out and bought a faster memory card and it help out a lot.

that makes alot more sense now... im using regular sd cards, i'll head out and buy some SDHC tonight.

Most reactions

Back