D600 Grip options

myko5

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just bit the bullet on a used D600. Now I want to find a cheap grip for it. I would love the nikon MB-D14 but its priced way to high for me to buy it. Anybody have any personal recommendations on a 3rd party grip?

I just bit the bullet on a used D600. Now I want to find a cheap grip for it. I would love the nikon MB-D14 but its priced way to high for me to buy it. Anybody have any personal recommendations on a 3rd party grip?

I own the MB-D11 for my D7000 (Yes, I'm going somewhere with this, be patient :lol: ) and I dropped a big penny on it. I have another friend who bought a knock off for his D7000 by a company named "Meike." He swears by it. It's not a magnesium construction, it's all plastic, but the ergonomics and feel of it are very similar to my grip. It's actually lighter, and the little grip tape stuff on his grip actually feels much better to the touch than my grip does.

Anyway, I'm really wishing I wouldn't have dumped $250.00 into my grip and gone with the $50.00 version instead... So, I'm going to recommend the D600 version of Meike's grip to you... the knock off MB-D14:

Amazon.com: Meike Vertical Battery Grip for Nikon D600 MB-D14 MBD14 EN-EL15: Camera & Photo

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I honestly don't see the point in grips. I keep mine in the bod 90% of the time.

I honestly don't see the point in grips. I keep mine in the bod 90% of the time.

Its nice to have the 2nd shutter button (in the right place) when shooting portrait mode
bigthumb.gif

Its nice to have the 2nd shutter button (in the right place) when shooting portrait mode
bigthumb.gif

I've been turning the camera "the wrong way" for so long that even with the grip I still use the main button.

It's also nice to keep shooting while you're digging for your next battery.

It's also nice to keep shooting while you're digging for your next battery.

Never found that to be a problem honestly. My d300 is really good on batteries. Even after a full day I still have plenty of life left.

Plus, pockets aren't that hard to dig through... ;)

Never found that to be a problem honestly. My d300 is really good on batteries. Even after a full day I still have plenty of life left.

Plus, pockets aren't that hard to dig through... ;)

You definitely aren't using external flashes then :p

I bought the absolutely cheapest knoff-off I could find on ebay.

Xit Photo. You can browse around on their website.

+1 I have liked all my cheap knock-offs including the one on my D800 today
bigthumb.gif

So I guess I will continue to look into the Meike and Zeikos brands. I believe Sparky had a review on one he bought off of ebay I will have to look into also.

I have Nikon brand grips on both my D90 and D7000. I occasionally use the extra shutter button, but it is more for adding size to the camera. With my hands, I think it is more comfortable to hold the body with one attached. Personal preference. As for having the extra battery life, I can see that as a plus. However, I don't think I can ever remember draining 1 battery and having to use the second. I do like the fact that my D7000 batteries are interchangeable on the D600.

Thanks sparky, I knew you posted something about one from ebay.

Meike...makes me think of Meineke, the old muffler shop chain here in the USA. They have air fresheners, floor mats, and eyepiece wiper blades for all your D600 needs. Sensor-cleaning stuff too!!! Plenty of Windex, swabs, and brown paper towels! Gotta save those trees!!! Meineke

I've been turning the camera "the wrong way" for so long that even with the grip I still use the main button.

That's a great way to strain your wrist.

Most reactions

Back