D600 Is it worth it?

HarryNamic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is it worth saving 100$ or more buying a D600 over a D610 with all of the shutter nonsense happening? Will Nikon repair a secondhand camera (used without warranty)? How long will Nikon offer repairs for it if I do come across the problem with spots?

well if the OP can get a D610 for ONLY $100 more than a D600,
I'd get the D610.

When I bought mine the difference was $400+. So I bought the D600.
But if I was buying now and it was only $100 difference, the D610 no question!

I dont see how someone is buying a D610 for under $1000...

Is it worth saving 100$ or more buying a D600 over a D610 with all of the shutter nonsense happening? Will Nikon repair a secondhand camera (used without warranty)? How long will Nikon offer repairs for it if I do come across the problem with spots?

What shutter nonsense? Yeah, the D600 had problems, but I haven't caught wind of anyone claiming to still have issues for over a year now.

Given Nikon's policy of non-transferable warranties, I doubt they'd pony up to fix a second-hand one.

What shutter nonsense? Yeah, the D600 had problems, but I haven't caught wind of anyone claiming to still have issues for over a year now.

Given Nikon's policy of non-transferable warranties, I doubt they'd pony up to fix a second-hand one.
Mine was second hand
They fixed it.

Nikon is making available to all owners of D600 cameras (even if Nikon’s product warranty has expired) this customer-service measure, which includes the inspection, cleaning and replacement of the shutter assembly and related parts of your camera, FREE OF CHARGE as well as the cost of shipping D600 cameras to Nikon and their return to customers. In the event that after this customer service measure has been performed, dust particle spots are still visible in your images, please contact Nikon Customer Relations by phone at the number indicated below to discuss your concern. If appropriate, Nikon will either replace your camera with a new D600 camera or its equivalent model.

see for more details ==> Service Advisory

It's not a warranty issue, it's a defective product issue. They've already stated that they'll fix any defective d600s.

using tapatalk.

ahhh

When I do a quick check on Amazon I actually see a $50 difference.
one reason I tell people do not use Amazon for research.

D600s can be bought "new" or "new old stock" but really why bother as the d610 replaced it in October 2013.

D610s can be purchased refurbished or used on the secondary market for well under $1,000.

Otherwise, get a D610 if you want new.

A no brainer, get the D610, I would get it even at a 200$ difference.

Ge the D610! You'll love the low light performance, its a fantastic camera. I've been using it for over a year now and still amazes me how good the low light performance is. Sure, it doesn't focus as good as the D750, but it has yet to be an issue for me.

I dont see how someone is buying a D610 for under $1000...
Maybe a "grey area" camera? I bought mine in Jan '16 for $1499 which was about the going price everywhere, for a US market body.
J.

Nikon fixes all D600. Even outside warranty.

Just avoid gray imports and get the original bill for the camera, then you'll have no issues whatsoever.

Besides, I love that the D600 doesnt enable the monitor when you change the ISO. The D610 does that, as does the D750. Thats the one thing that drives me crazy about my D750.

Btw, the other thing about my D750 is that lifeview is much more useful thanks to the 100% magnification on a single button press button, but unfortunately choosing the AF point is hella slow.

Ge the D610! You'll love the low light performance, its a fantastic camera. I've been using it for over a year now and still amazes me how good the low light performance is. Sure, it doesn't focus as good as the D750, but it has yet to be an issue for me.
The D750 has a couple more advantages than just better AF, though. Like the wonderful flip screen, the wider AF field, the magnification to 100% in one single button click.

The D750 is the camera the D600 should have been in the first place.

Nikon fixes all D600. Even outside warranty.

Just avoid gray imports and get the original bill for the camera, then you'll have no issues whatsoever.

Besides, I love that the D600 doesnt enable the monitor when you change the ISO. The D610 does that, as does the D750. Thats the one thing that drives me crazy about my D750.

Btw, the other thing about my D750 is that lifeview is much more useful thanks to the 100% magnification on a single button press button, but unfortunately choosing the AF point is hella slow.

The D750 has a couple more advantages than just better AF, though. Like the wonderful flip screen, the wider AF field, the magnification to 100% in one single button click.

The D750 is the camera the D600 should have been in the first place.

Do they still do the replacement with the D610 after you send the D600 in 3 times?

Do they still do the replacement with the D610 after you send the D600 in 3 times?
Read the service advisory. There's not one mention of sending the camera in 3 times for in order to recieve a replacemet. Seriously, just read the official policy Nikon has on the issue.

I'll even make it easy for you.

unless there's a newer camera than the d610, as such say a d620
Then they'll replace it with the newest camera .. per the advisory.

Most reactions

Back