D600 or D7100 ????

I have compared both and lean towards the D600 as I do not need the faster fps or a 51 point AF system. The advantages of the FX format I believe will be more suitable for me.

Thanks again for all opinions and suggestions from all.

You don't need 51 points but need FX?

Well I guess many have been happy with less before (D40 with 3)...

You've looked at a side by side comparison of the features right?

There are some serious advantages to the D7100 that I believe will make their way to whatever replaces the D600, but aren't there yet.
Examples include:
faster FPS
Far better AF module (51 vs consumer 39)
cross type coverage at 15 vs 9
Faster shutter at 1/8000
30% greater screen rresults to name a few.

The D600 has the advantage in its far larger sensor size, with its inherently greater dynamic range and color depth. How much of this would you notice, I'm not sure. But you'd definitely notice the benefits the D7100 would bring to the table.

I'm in this same boat, but I believe I will wait to see what comes after this first run D600. The AF module is the deal breaker for me, and I feel as though if I purchased the D600 and had a new model with the 3500FX come out and it's 51 points... I'd be upset.

Tons of difference. Night and day. Shoot at some shadows and into direct sunlight and see what the D600 sensor has over the D7100. Night and day.

I've spent quite a bit of time shooting with a D4 and a D90 as a backup, so I know the difference... It was a more question based on user experience and shooting style.
I've met people who see no difference in images from a cheap P&S and a good DSLR, so its very subjective.

I've spent quite a bit of time shooting with a D4 and a D90 as a backup, so I know the difference... It was a more question based on user experience and shooting style.
I've met people who see no difference in images from a cheap P&S and a good DSLR, so its very subjective.

this is something i dont understand. who buys a d4 and use d90 as backup?

this is something i dont understand. who buys a d4 and use d90 as backup?

Someone with the funds to buy a D4 but then lacks the funds to buy a D800 as a backup. That's who.

Not everyone inflicted with NAS is filthy rich.

Well, I got my refund and my new gear. I just want to thank you again for your opinions, suggestions and recommendations.
$DSC0276.jpg

Attachments

• $DSC0276.jpg
    $DSC0276.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 133
I prefer the D7100 over the D600. D600 is a weak FF camera.

If you have money for a FF camera then get a real FF camera and buy the D800 or D700 not the D600.

If you have money for a FF camera then get a real FF camera and buy the D800 or D700 not the D600.

Sounds like someone is a little butt hurt...

You're seriously suggesting that the D700 is better than the D600?

Not completely.

Let me rephrase it.

What I meant to say is that you can get a D700 for a good price and buy a nice lens and not throw away all your money in a D600 body.

But I guess the OP did the right thing and got a good lens with it.

Last edited:

I would, as someone who has used all three and owns two (700 and 800), the d600 lacks many features and the feel of a $2000 camera. Especially when you can pick up a refurbished d800 for $2350.

Most reactions

Back