d70 + photoshop help!!!

Blues Singer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hi,

i've taken photos with my nikon d70, changed them around a little on photoshop and tried putting them back on my camera so i can get them printed off, yet it keeps saying 'no images in this folder' when checking if the manipulated jpegs are on my camera. even though it works when putting an unmanipulated jpeg back onto the camera.

anything im doing wrong?

Blues Singer said:
anything I'm doing wrong?

I'd say that putting photos back on to your camera sounds wrong. :lmao:

There is probably some encoded data with the original files that is messed up when you work on them in PS.

There must be plenty of better ways to transfer your files than to put them back onto the camera. I'd suggest finding a better way to do it.

They will not show up on the camera but they are there.. Taking the card somewhere to print images will work.

Steve

Yea if you mess with the filename or the encoded data it will not display a thumbnail of the image correctly which is what you see on the screen.

Once you plug the camera into the USB port it's just like having an external HD pugged in. You can make folders on there and transfer iamges, and any other data, onto it. If you want to print the pictures off the flashcard for some reason you can put the edits on there, under a new folder or not, and then they will show up at the kiosk if you browse to that folder.

right so they dont show up on the cameras viewer but they will be on there when i want to print them in a shop?

the pics are actually in the camera folder but they dont show up on the viewer. ive never printed off digital photos before so i dont really know how to use one of those machines yet.

A better way is to burn your created images to a CD. Most Kiosks and 1-hour photo places will be able to print the .jpeg images on a CD.

Most reactions

Back