D70 Question

cleary71

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone can tell me what I may be doing wrong. When I take a picture with my D70 the skies look blue and the color in the display, which I have set at 0, looks very good. Then when I connect to my computer and view the photo with photoshop or windows picture viewer the colors are very, very dark and there is no detail. I am out of ideas as to why this would happen. If anyone could please help me I would be eternally grateful. Thanks!!

Have you tried printing any of these pictures? Do they look okay or are they like they appear on your monitor?

You may need to change the color managenment profile of your monitor. I was having what sounds like the problem you are having.

I went to the display properties menu (the one where you set up your wall paper and screensaver), clicked the settings tab, clicked the advanced tab, clicked color management tab, clicked add, and then looked for the file sRGB color space profile. That fixed it for me.

If you use Nikons Picture project, and the photo looks okay as its loading but then changes to a darker color after it loads then I would say this is your problem.

K

i just hooked it up through my TV and it looks the same as if I was looking at it through the screen on the back of my camera. Does anyone think I could have a bad USB cord? Or that the USB port on my camera could be bad? The colors for everything else look correct on my computer screen, so I am ruling out that the monitor is not configured correctly.

Are you sure your monitor is configured correctly? I thought mine was too and then I did it and it looked completely different - and a lot better too. But at least now I print what I see.

It could be the software you're using to view the photos. What are you using? Try and bunch of different programs and see what happens.

The USB lead would be fine if you're ending up with the data on your computer. If there was a problem with that, i'm guessing the whole file would be a) messed up, b) not even able to get onto the computer.

Thanks! I think my monitor is fine, because when I scan in a slide, view it and print it at a photography store they all look the same. I don't know if that makes it calibrated correctly, but it seems to work for me. I am using both Photoshop CS and windows picture viewer to look view the pictures from the D70. Meysha do you have any hints on proper calibration?

Most reactions

Back