D7000 Firmware Update Released

From those that have installed the update, sounds like it's working for them. One reported he had to do it twice... found that odd.

Updated successfully. It got rid of my 3 red hot pixels even at high ISO. All is well now. Thanks Nikon!

Two green and one red hot pixel are now history. :headbang:

and FTR, I had to install the update twice.

Huh, I wonder what's up with some people having to install the update twice? That's the second time I've heard that now.

It worked the first time for me but I did read a bunch of users having to install it a couple times before it worked.

It worked the first time for me but I did read a bunch of users having to install it a couple times before it worked.

Hey sorry for bringing this topic back but, why did you have to install it twice?

It was the firmware number that did no update or it was the hot pixels that didnt go away?

I didn't have to do it twice. I said I read a bunch of other users having to reinstall it. It was due to the firmware not updating. Almost like the install failing.

Ah alright..cause I installed the firmware update but no every hot pixel was gone....I can still see them when I zoom in the picture.

Ah alright..cause I installed the firmware update but no every hot pixel was gone....I can still see them when I zoom in the picture.

The fix was only for video.

Bright spots were sometimes noticeable with live view mode or movie recording of especially dark scenes or subjects. Occurrence of this issue has been reduced.

Sooo will there be any problem if I try to install the update again, even though it's saying v. 1.01?

Really wanted to get rid of those pixels, they show up in photos.

Most reactions

Back