D7000 Help: Cant adjust shutter speed in manual mode in live view?

Sublime1304

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.next-level-designs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Can someone help me out here, I've used this camera hundreds of times doing low light long exposure shots and just recently I went out to shoot and I went to adjust my shutter but it won't go any lower than 1/30 (I can make it faster though). It won't even allow me to adjust my aperture either. Note I have the camera set in manual mode, I can adjust to the settings I need through the viewfinder but as soon as i switch the LV, its resets the shutter speed back to 1/30. I don't know if its a setting in the camera that I need to change but i don't understand why its doing this and its annoying. I appreciate the help

You're probably at 30 seconds, not 1/30th.

If you see 30", that's 30 seconds.

Just wondering if thats something to do with video? if its ok without live view, then i can only assume that by switching live view on it assumes your shooting video?

but it could be what sparky said...

Just wondering if thats something to do with video? if its ok without live view, then i can only assume that by switching live view on it assumes your shooting video?

Switching to LV is the only way to start video. But the D7000 is not limited to video in LV.

a quote from that webpage:

"If you want to get lower shutter speeds in live view in manual mode turn off manual movie settings.
You can't have a shutter speed lower than the framerate in manual movie mode.
Curiously though it doesn't let you go to 1/25 at 24p."

This is what I'm talking about. It's at 1/30 not 30". It won't go any lower than 30 and I can't adjust aperture either

Attachments

• $image-692868240.jpg
    $image-692868240.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 449
Shooting Menu > Movie Settings > Manual movie settings > OFF

Most reactions

New Topics

Back