What's new

D7000 OR wait for the d300s replacement

Rosy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
May 9, 2011
Messages
1,289
Reaction score
328
Location
Raleigh NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey there...looking for some input. currently shooting with nikon d80. would like to upgrade but am not pressed with urgency. the d7000 would be a great improvement, but something tells me to wait since i've already waited this long. shoot mostly family portraits/middle school and high school baseball and indoor volleyball. PLEASE give me your opinion. ps the difference in price is not a factor
 
i would say either d300 replacement or d800 (if you can get it). the d800 will last you much longer and give you better results
 
i would say either d300 replacement or d800 (if you can get it). the d800 will last you much longer and give you better results
Yep. I thought the D7000 was kind of a let down...I'm waiting for the replacement to the D700 or D3s. I currently have a D90, but I wouldn't even consider a D7000. I just don't think the price vs value is there.
 
hey there...looking for some input. currently shooting with nikon d80. would like to upgrade but am not pressed with urgency. the d7000 would be a great improvement, but something tells me to wait since i've already waited this long. shoot mostly family portraits/middle school and high school baseball and indoor volleyball. PLEASE give me your opinion. ps the difference in price is not a factor

I don't know, if you keep waiting for a new product to be released then you will never purchase anything. The D7000 is pretty recent and is definitely a significant improvement over your D80... But if you want to wait for the D300s replacement then by all means wait, I just think the D7000 is more than enough for your specific needs.

My opinion though, I am sure others here will chime in as well.
 
i think the d7000 was ok.. a bit on the expensive side, considering how canon released their t3i that had similar specs. yes, the nikon will likely beat it in noise, but i dont think its worth that much in price difference (especially how both cams are consumer level products). i would still wait on the d800.

the new generation is coming. wait a bit longer =)
 
d800 is a full frame correct - will my lenses work on it

70-300 35/5.6 (nikon)
tamron g2.8
nikon 85mm f1.8
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom