What's new

D7000 question for owners...

mjhoward

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 22, 2010
Messages
2,014
Reaction score
414
Location
Bowling Green, KY
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was wondering if there is anyway for the D7000 to display the remaining number of captures as a sum of both SD cards rather than just the one in the #1 slot. I've got 2 SD cards, If I have the one card in, it shows the remaining number of captures I can take (say 50) regardless of the slot # it is in. If I insert a 2nd card, it shows only the remaining pictures left in slot #1. If my other card has 150 shots remaining, and it is in slot #2, then the top display only shows the 50 remaining from card #1 (confused yet?). So, is there any way to make it show the 200 shots remaining between both cards? I have it set so card # 2 is overflow and not backup or video files. Thanks.
 
Well that sucks... I dont understand why they wouldn't allow it to do that when set to overflow. That mode essentially makes your 2 cards into one larger one. I would think it would be important to know how many TOTAL pics you've got left.
 
I lost a bet - $10.

I was certain it would take a lot less time before someone bitched about this, relative to the D7000. ;) I bet it would be in the first week after the D7000 was released.
 
^so i'm guessing there's no setting to make it show the total for both :lol:
 
Shoot til you fill card 1. Then see if the image remaining count changes to reflect slot 2. Please let me know what you find. :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom