D7000 suddenly won't shoot burst

TransportJockey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stretchermonkeyphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I was playing around with a camera remote control app on my android phone and now my D7000 won't shoot burst mode. I have it set to change on the dial, and it still won't shoot.
I tried a soft reset and it still didn't help. It's shooting like it would on live view, really slow to take. it still shoots the set shutter speed, but will not do burst.

It will NOT do burst shutter mode if the internal flash door is open (only does one picture then - see note, page 144 D7000 manual). Shut the flash door, and the continuous shutter will work.

It will do continuous shutter with a hot shoe flash, but the flash power level will have to be fairly low (perhaps 1/16 or 1/32 power) to be able to recycle fast enough to keep up.

Did you fully reset everything? The two button reset only resets ten basic settings.
To reset Shooting Menu settings, go to menu>shooting menu>reset shooting menu.
To reset Custom Settings; menu>custom settings>reset custom settings.
To reset User Settings (U1 & U2); menu>Set Up menu>reset user settings.
That should get you back to the way it came out of the box.

It worked. Now to see if it's that app that caused it to act like this. I only used it since it has a live view on my phone screen. Useful for shooting when I can't see the back screen or my viewfinder

what camera remote control app are you using ?

curious as I have a d7000 too and it might be handy when attached to my telescope

Most reactions

New Topics

Back