D7000

John1964

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,

I am seriously looking at upgrading from my Panasonic bridge camera to a DSLR. My local camera shop has a second hand D7000 with the 18-105 lens for around £500.

My questions are, is this a good deal and is it too much of a camera for a first DSLR? My thinking is that it is gonna last me a while and I can just add different lenses to it.......

My plan would be to keep the bridge and use the Nikon for mainly motor sports to start with and then develop my use.

Thanks for looking and any feedback is much appreciated,

John

The d7000 is an excellent camera for a first DSLR. You will appreciate its feature set over the nikon 3000 and 5000 series cameras as you develop your skills.

That's an average price for the camera & kit lens. Whether that one is worth it depends on the condition and number of clicks.

Good condition, boxed with all bits from new and just over 5000 activations.

Oh and 3 months warranty whatever that is worth???

Good condition, boxed with all bits from new and just over 5000 activations.

Oh and 3 months warranty whatever that is worth???
Reasonable price, excellent camera

Get it!

That's an awesome price. That's what I got my D5100 for used. Get it!

My wife has just bought it for me.............

D7000 Body
Nikon 18-105 mm F3.5-5.6 VR
Sandisk 8gb Extreme Pro SDHC (95mbs)
Marumi 67mm DHG UV Filter
6 months guarantee

£599

I now expect a very steep but enjoyable learning curve and lots of deleted pics.

My wife has just bought it for me.............

D7000 Body
Nikon 18-105 mm F3.5-5.6 VR
Sandisk 8gb Extreme Pro SDHC (95mbs)
Marumi 67mm DHG UV Filter
6 months guarantee

£599

I now expect a very steep but enjoyable learning curve and lots of deleted pics.

First lesson: Ditch the UV filter.

You can't just post that without an explanation...........please?

Your camera already has a UV filter built in.... it's right in front of the sensor.

A UV filter is unneccessary on digital cameras, it's just another piece of glass which can detract from the image quality.

UV filters are okay for protecting a lens in certain conditions...like at the seashore, or during the spring time when deciduous trees are putting out loads of tiny, airborne sap micro-droplets, or when you take your camera to a motorcycle racing "motocross" event and are trackside, behind the racers...those are three times I can think of to use a UV filter...

Thanks.

Like I said, learning starts here.

Would a polarising filter be better or should I just not worry until I've a bit more experience?

Most reactions

Back