D7200-best APS-C camera ever tested on DXOMARK

It's the newer version of the previous best d7100.

wow, my old d7000 is considered overall better than the new Canon 7d mark II :)

DxO Mark bashers appearing to try and discredit the entire company in 3....2....1....

It's the newer version of the previous best d7100.

wow, my old d7000 is considered overall better than the new Canon 7d mark II :)
haha, I suppose that means that the Nikon Coolpix A is also better than the new Canon 7DII

For some reason I find this hilarious:
17100234201_eda54b5479_b.jpg

WELL...as Nikon's website mentions about the COOLPIX A...Nikon Imaging Products DX-format CMOS sensor - COOLPIX A

"Large sensor with 16.2 effective megapixels
Not only is the camera's sensor 12.9 times as large as the 1/2.3-in. type found in conventional compact cameras, the DX-format CMOS sensor inside the COOLPIX A is also the same one used in Nikon D-SLR cameras, delivering the same extraordinary image quality, high ISO sensitivity and minimized noise as its larger-bodied brethren."

"No optical low-pass filter for maximum sharpness
With a DX-format sensor designed without an optical low-pass filter, the COOLPIX A achieves consistently high levels of sharpness and image quality. Combine this with the camera's superior lens resolution and you get truly breathtaking images."

So....it's an APS-C sized sensor, the same sensor used in the Nikon D7000, according to DxO Mark's test report on the COOLPIX A.

'cept I'm pretty sure the d7000's sensor does have a low pass filter. So there's one difference.

'cept I'm pretty sure the d7000's sensor does have a low pass filter. So there's one difference.
It also has a different microlens setup so that the integrated 18mm f/2.8 could be mounted closer to the sensor to make it thinner. There's a couple other random differences as well, but yeah, at heart, it's the same sensor as the D7000.

Not going to lie, i love me some DXO scores :)... and everybody knows Canon sensors cant match Sony/Nikon sensors..

But i have to look at the EXIF info sometimes to tell if i shot a picture on a D7000, D7100 or 7DmkII :)

( Lets hope Nikon has an exclusive contract with Sony.. Canon has to get tired of its low scores at some point )

Yeah, I've seen some strange results like that. If you test it against the Nikon d3x (or S .. I'm not sure) you'll see the same type of result.

The MP of the sensor seems to have a large impact on the overall sensor score
irregardless of it's actual low light sensitivity, etc

Yeah, I've seen some strange results like that. If you test it against the Nikon d3x (or S .. I'm not sure) you'll see the same type of result.

The MP of the sensor seems to have a large impact on the overall sensor score
irregardless of it's actual low light sensitivity, etc
also, it's important to remember that it's ONLY a test of the sensor. Nikon's sensors in the new D3300 are pretty insanely great and the 1Dx, while a great camera, has a sensor that is getting relatively long in the tooth.

I have been truly amazed with the abilities of the 7200 especially the low light usage of it easily getting up to 12k.

Most reactions

Back