b.rett

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.fairlessfotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone,

I just joined this site and it seems really great..

Right now I have a D80 with an 18-135 and a 50mm 1.8. I have an SB600 and I'm sure that this is a really newb question but when I have the flash on my camera, I can't seem to get my shutter speed higher than 200. I've read through the manual for my camera and the flash and I've messed with just about everything on the camera and I still can't figure it out. I was hoping that someone might know how to fix this. Thanks alot..

~brett

Yep they can. Firstly you need to turn off the simplified menu in the D80. Then go down in the custom settings (forgive me if these terms are off but I hope you know which menus and options I mean), and look for a setting called sync speed. In there you can change your sync speed from 1/200 to FP or High speed Sync or something.

I am fairly certain that the D80 has that option. Just note that if you put your shutter above 1/200 the flash can no longer fire at full output and doing it continuously drains batteries rather quickly.

thanks alot garbz, i took off the simple menu and i looked through the custom setting menu as well as the other menus and i wasnt able to find sync speed. i found flash shutter speed but that doesnt seem to have anything to do with the sync speed. it goes up to 1/60 but i couldnt find anything that had to do with sync speed or 1/200 anywhere..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back