D810 Successor Wishlist

Well, I dont care if its dual SD or dual XQD. Just make it dual SOMETHING. I want to have a backup mode like on my D750. And make that work for video, too. Besides 4K really needs SD UHS-II, or XQD, either way.

I want Nikon to have their own sensor, with ISO 64, maybe even less. Backlit and copper connections, sure. If it has more Megapixel well meh their descision but I dont care either way, just dont make the sensor have inferior overall performance just for more Megapixels.

Quite frankly if they only have 3840x2160 UHD and not true 4096x2160 4K video I'd prefer to have an 39 Megapixel Sensor (7680x5120). That means theres no crop mode at all for 1920x1080 with 16:1 pixel mapping or 3840x2160 with 4:1 pixel mapping (i.e. 16 or 4 pixel result in 1 video pixel).

I dont want to get forced into any stupid "anti-theft" snakeoil thats probably not even available in my country.

Zebras OR Focus Assist ? Why not both ?

More pixels for sure....42-50 and UHS II cards would be nice as well.

I expected a new announcement from Nikon to replace this D810 during the Photokina but nothing for the time.

I need a new DSLR specially for studio portrait and the next D850 or... should do the job :)

More pixels for sure....42-50 and UHS II cards would be nice as well.
I'm fairly confident Nikon will manage 42-50 Pixel. :p Probably even some more !! :D

I really hope so, and soon.

The 5DSR was tempting until I saw some low light images and a digital MF with 50 mp would easily run 2-3 times more. So I'm holding out for a higher resolution Nikon.

Most reactions

Back