PhotoXopher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightartisan.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
:lol:

I won't do it (I dont' think)... but the damn thing has been in my cart 3 times already today.

As long as I stay focussed I should be alright...

Must buy fast glass
Must buy fast glass

I think I'm good for another hour or so... I may have to come back to this thread for therapy.

I think getting the D300s would be pure marital suicide. :confused:

Just buy it, you know you want to. Putting it in your cart 3 times a day and then taking it out... over and over for the next few weeks or month is pointless. You obviously want it bad enough to engage in this silliness... treat it like a band-aid. Yank it off. Just click submit and enjoy your new toy. You're going to be miserable until you do.

You don't need our affirmation to be a gear junkie. If you're looking to be talked out of it, you're in the wrong place.

Go buy it. Now. You're a dead to me until you do.

No, just temporarily bored enough to post a random thought is all.

For me the D300s isn't worth the extra grand over the D90... maybe next year the price will be more attractive.

Just buy it, you know you want to. Putting it in your cart 3 times a day and then taking it out... over and over for the next few weeks or month is pointless. You obviously want it bad enough to engage in this silliness... treat it like a band-aid. Yank it off. Just click submit and enjoy your new toy. You're going to be miserable until you do.

You don't need our affirmation to be a gear junkie. If you're looking to be talked out of it, you're in the wrong place.

Go buy it. Now. You're a dead to me until you do.

:lol:

No, just temporarily bored enough to post a random thought is all.

For me the D300s isn't worth the extra grand over the D90... maybe next year the price will be more attractive.
You know it's worth it. It has the 51 point AF system, dual cards, weather sealing, it's a true pro body. It's made of metal, not plastic... man, it's light years ahead of the D90.

Click "buy now" and be sure to get next day air shipping. Post up some pics tomorrow afternoon, I'll be waiting.

The AF on the D300s is sweet, so are the additional external controls, +1 fps rate with the vert grip.......:drool:

NO!
Get the glass!
Get the glass!
Get the glass!
Then get the D300s.

Well I'm still a beginner and my opinion doesn't matter much, but I am thoroughly enjoying my D90. As of right now I can't think of many things I would want to do that could not be done with it. I know it's not a professional camera but neither am I. I have always had the mind set that I need to have the next best thing or I always feel like I need to upgrade. I don't believe that is going to be the case with this camera.

Wait for the D400--that's the one you really will want!

What do you need another body to do for you? DO you already have all the cool,handy accessories for the D90, like an SB 800 or SB 900 flash? Don't you need some lenses to fill out our Holy Trinity or your Divine Duo? Have you explored any of the alt. glass stuff, like the Voigtlander 58mm f/1.4 or the Voigtlander 40mm f/2? Have you looked into some of the incredible, older, used manual focus NIkon glass that is amazing,yet affordable, like the 105mm f/2.5?

I dunno...seems like a better use of $1800-odd dollars would be to buy three or four really useful items that would expand the capabilities of what you already have; the D90's image quality is on par with the D300s IQ.

I agree, the D90 does everything I want and is not holding me back in the least. This is just one of those things us 'gadget guys' have to struggle with :lol:

My first priority is my lens lineup, after that I might get a bigger flash... but lenses first.

I agree, the D90 does everything I want and is not holding me back in the least. This is just one of those things us 'gadget guys' have to struggle with :lol:

My first priority is my lens lineup, after that I might get a bigger flash... but lenses first.
I'm completely disappointed in you.

I'm personally revoking your "gadget guy" card.

Most reactions

Back