D90 or 40d

tonynitz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
im looking to up grade to either ther the d90 or the 40d. As of right now im leaning towards the d90 because of the better sensor and more megapixels. I was wondering what one prefored better in low light and shows less noise. Any advice you guys have before i make my final choice? thanks

Have you done a google or looked on dpreview.com?

You should be comparing the Nikon D90 to the Canon 50D in terms of price and current technology.

I would go with the D90 but I'm a Nikon fan in general. D90 has the edge on high iso performance although the 40d and 50d are pretty good in that respect as well. I prefer the button/menu layout of the D90 but that's a personal preference. Which one feels better to you?> the Nikon or Canon? On cameras that are pretty close in performance the usability can be more important than anything else. If you don't like how the camera handles (I don't like the layout of Canon) then it could affect the amount of shooting you do.

looks to just be a mistake double post they both have the same time started

but the other one has better info

*bump*

D90 -vs- 40D EOS

Maybe its better off comparing the 50D but for those who want to do that, please start another thread :p

The FPS of the 40D seems to be great for birding.

Most reactions

Back