What's new

D90 Successor price (D8000)

I bought my D700 and everyone was like "woah there's going to be a replacement any day" that was last year and I am glad I didn't take it back and I am glad I have had it all this time.

Half of me wishes that they'd bring out the new one so I could waste another £2000, but I think I'd rather get some awesome new lenses.

@shaunly do you really think the new D300s will be FX ? :S

If they continue the D300 line, then I would think so. If the new D90(D7000) rumor's specs are true, then that would already put it ahead of the D300. And since the Canon 5Dmk2 has been such a success, it makes sense to up the next D700 into a high MP camera and the new D300 into a speedy FF. Plus that would cut the cost of producing FF sensor as well. Regardless, the current D700 still has a long long life left until it's "outdated". So, I'm not too excited about these upcoming model. Just interesting to see what they're going to do.
 
I expect the D300s line will not only continue but will be replaced by a D400 (or D500) having a DX image sensor so the shooters needing a long reach will still benefit from the 1.5x crop factor.

I expect the D700 upgrade/replacement will have a few more MP, a second card slot, and video, but will retain essentially the same ISO performance it has now.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom