Dabbling in light painting

ryanwaff

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just decided I'd give it a go seeing that I have never done it :D
I do realise that there is still quite a strong shadow underneath the frog, but I think it gives the image a bit of depth... What do you guys think? and ways I could improve this?

$_DSC3705.jpg

*Edit: thumbnail looks quite desaturated, but once opened appears to be fine...

This looks fine, largely because it just looks "lit" instead of "light painted". Shadows are good. Shadows are how we know the world is not flat.

So, this is either a great success or a complete disaster, depending on your intentions ;)

This looks fine, largely because it just looks "lit" instead of "light painted". Shadows are good. Shadows are how we know the world is not flat.

So, this is either a great success or a complete disaster, depending on your intentions ;)

The lit look is what I was aiming for without using a speedlight, so in that regard I think it was a success :) haha but technically even if the earth was flat we would still have shadows?

I really like the picture, in regards to the 2d world; Draw something 2-d (flat) on a piece of paper and nothing you draw can cast a shadow on another thing you draw. A 3rd dimension is needed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back