Daisy Macro - PP C&C Please

dakkon76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright, so I'd posted the original pic before and appreciate the responses. I finally had some time to do some PP work to this, which I'm completely new to, so I'd like some C&C to see what's working and what's not.

Did multiple touch-ups with the cloning and smart-fix tools, and then added a slight cooling filter. I'm still leaning toward the color in the original... I like the way it looks like it's taken at sunset, so I'm not sure that making the petals a brighter white is working for me? Maybe just 1/2 of the cooling filter that I used?

And a side note... using my 100mm macro to get shots like these seems like overkill... I'm guessing this kind of detail can be captured just as easily with my nifty fifty? Didn't think of trying it at the time...

Original:
3681073796_2dbfd64621_o.jpg

Edit:
3697101952_38412b168e_b.jpg

Here it is with 1/2 the cooling filter:
3697140784_23894de59b_b.jpg

Thanks for any suggestions!

/dak

Last edited:
I like the warmer feeling in the original best.

Thanks, I still think that one has the best color too. Anyone else? Is my retouching any good?

You might go back at this one and increase your DOF a bit. I think the OOF petals don't really help this one. The composition is good. The Canon 100mm Macro is an outstanding lens for these. Color rendition and sharpness from this lens are tough to match with the Canon 50mm f1.8.

as far as colors go, i like the original, but the soft focus and shallow dof kills it for me....keep shooting!

Most reactions

Back