DAMMIT!!!!@##!%%$@. LightSpeed shot of the day. Go easy on me Gipson.

LightSpeed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The weather sucks, rain and high winds.
I feel incomplete without handling a camera at least once a day and trying to get at least something.
When I try to get something I try real hard to get it right.
Most of that boils down to practice since most all my images are free handed.
I've developed my own technique and well, sometimes it doesn't work. No matter how hard I try.
I shoot small bore target and I handle a camera and shutter release as I do a fine trigger, follow thru and all.

This spider is tiny, not much bigger than the fruit fly. I have no idea what kind he is. He's on a very small blade of grass. It's not the typical grass found in ones back yard.
It's much more thin. I spotted this out of the corner of my eye, in the wind and slight rain. The wind was whipping him around like crazy and I tried to time it.
When I fired the shot, the heat from the ring flash hit him and he was gone, never to be seen again.
Best I could do today.
Next time.

LightSpeed

6763348681_2840528796_b.jpg

It's not that bad. The focus is slightly off, but you did a good job on catching the eyes, best angle and detail yet!

I feel incomplete without handling a camera at least once a day and trying to get at least something.
I've developed my own technique and well, sometimes it doesn't work. No matter how hard I try.
I shoot small bore target and I handle a camera and shutter release as I do a fine trigger, follow thru and all.
Interesting ... I shoot IDPA and USPSA pistol and handle a camera much like I do a pistol. I guess the concept works ;)

Interesting ... I shoot IDPA and USPSA pistol and handle a camera much like I do a pistol. I guess the concept works ;)

Hey, I'm glad to see you again.
Yes, it works. But the above was like shooting a moving target.
An erratically moving target.

I'll get him again. You'll see.
I just hate that I blew this shot.
I hate it. I'm mad. But I'm fking persistent, as you know.
There's a split second in the viewfinder when the light hits the subject, and I thought I had him.
Like looking thru the scope, sometimes you can see the bullet if the lights right.
I shoot kimbers and anschutz. Rimfire.

Very similar, actually!

nice.. and I like the way the ring flash makes him look like he is wearing glasses! :)

Nah, it aint nice.
But thanks.

I know what it is.
I missed it.
It would have been a beautiful shot.
I posted this because as good looking as I am............even I botch and screw a shot up here and there.
Now I'm determined to make up for it. You guys are part of what drives me.

Oh and I know what " Nice shot" means.
It's like telling a beautiful women shes cute. They hate that.
That's why I do it.

" Yeah you're cute, then I get chewed out and then " you going home or coming with me?"
And guess what they do.

I notice that you didn't say squat about my marble shots... just nothing to say, or were you being "nice"? ;)

you did marble shots? where did you post 'em? I'll look for them :)

you did marble shots? where did you post 'em? I'll look for them :)

General Gallery! Did you see the storm shot you were asking about.. I posted a link in that Ok to Edit thread for you.

Yes I did see it, nice to know what all of the hype was about :lol:

Did you see the full body shot photo from my avatar Lightspeed was drooling over? HAHAH!

Good god, there should be a "spider" warning. :'(

I don't know where you're getting all these bugs. I don't like them lookin' at me.

Yes I did see it, nice to know what all of the hype was about :lol:

Did you see the full body shot photo from my avatar Lightspeed was drooling over? HAHAH!

What full body shot??? Link.. or it didn't happen! :) :drool:

Most reactions

Back