damn customs forms!

carlita

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
dude. remind me never to ship anything out of the US ever again.

if someone wants something from me and they don't live here, they can just come get it themselves. :p

i just got back from sending off a gift to someone in canada. first of all, it cost me 38 bucks to ship it. it's a secret santa thing. the gift and the shipping combined weren't supposed to be more than 20 bucks. i always get carried away with this stuff. i probably spent about 50 or 60 bucks just on the gift and the wrapping stuff (it's a gift basket that i put together myself... at some point there will be pictures for you) and then i end up with such a heavy package that it costs nearly 40 bucks to ship it and it still won't be there by christmas.

the customs form was a ***** though. i completely forgot i'd even have to fill anything like that out and when they gave it to me i suddenly couldn't remember what all i'd put in the freakin box. now i'm just hoping they don't end up having to rip it open cause i did a seriously good packing job to make sure this basket stayed intact.

and of course they have to slap the list right there on the box. so there's absolutely no mystery as to what the gift is anymore. that's a real bummer.

basically... it sucked. that's my story. have a nice day.

I found out after selling something on ebay to someone in canada customs is a *****. I got so many different stories from ups and the buyer. I guess the best way to ship is using us postal service.

shipping to Canada can be a drag, but shipping to Germany for us is easy as pie :D

I've had so much fun exchanging packages with my friends in Australia but I know what you mean about customs and shipping costs.

Carli, I like your idea of them just coming to pick them up. (Hint, hint, Manda!)

Not Neve said:
I've had so much fun exchanging packages with my friends in Australia but I know what you mean about customs and shipping costs.

Carli, I like your idea of them just coming to pick them up. (Hint, hint, Manda!)

dudette,

thats such an awesome idea!!! ill drive to seattle if manda is coming..

md

Most reactions

New Topics

Back