Damn Peacock!

molested_cow

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
img24.photobucket.com
I got attacked by a peacock!!!!!

I was at this BBQ camp ground that has a small area where they raise animals like geese and goats. Then there's this peacock. This peacock was such a flamboyant douche. As I was photographing him, he just came closer and closer. I was using a 28~300mm and was only about 1.5ft away from it. He seemed to enjoy being photographed, so I thought. Then as I was getting done, it launched at me with claws aimed at my head. My hands blocked my face out of reaction, and just as I thought I dodged it, blood trickled down from my forehead.

Small wound, but had to get tetanus shot. Damn peacock! Should have grilled it!

DSC_8043_zpsw9h0qtcb.jpg

DSC_8044_zpsfdzsmcwk.jpg

DSC_8070_zpsggsjmonf.jpg

DSC_8061_zps7rg6b0p9.jpg

DSC_8055_zpstgjt0pge.jpg

DSC_8074_zpsihisfdij.jpg

Last edited:
Watch your mouth! It's "pearooster", not "peaco*k"!
;D

Very nice set, I like them a lot! Hard to pick a favorite, but the last one is really doing it for me. The colors look great!
I like peacocks in general. At the zoo that I visited a few weeks ago there was one walking arount freely. He was pretty curious but it was obvious that he just knew that he is better than me^^

So the owner of the camp got a bit nervous that one of his customers is bleeding from the head. Apparently peacocks are quite territorial, and this one happens to be in heat, and that his wife was killed by stray dogs not too long ago....

I hate Peacocks too. I used to live in a neighborhood where they freely roamed and lived. Unfortunately, there we're any stray dogs around.

I got attacked by a peacock!!!!! .... was only about 1.5ft away from it.... Damn peacock! Should have grilled it!
Really? Did that really seem like a good idea??????? I think you should really consider yourself lucky all you got was a scratch! You get within 18" of my face with a camera, and we're going to have problems, and I'm not a wild animal.

But oh so worth it. Those are great captures.

I got attacked by a peacock!!!!!

I was at this BBQ camp ground that has a small area where they raise animals like geese and goats. Then there's this peacock. This peacock was such a flamboyant douche. As I was photographing him, he just came closer and closer. I was using a 28~300mm and was only about 1.5ft away from it. He seemed to enjoy being photographed, so I thought. Then as I was getting done, it launched at me with claws aimed at my head. My hands blocked my face out of reaction, and just as I thought I dodged it, blood trickled down from my forehead.

Small wound, but had to get tetanus shot. Damn peacock! Should have grilled it!

DSC_8043_zpsw9h0qtcb.jpg

DSC_8044_zpsfdzsmcwk.jpg

DSC_8070_zpsggsjmonf.jpg

DSC_8061_zps7rg6b0p9.jpg

DSC_8055_zpstgjt0pge.jpg

DSC_8074_zpsihisfdij.jpg
Next time get a model release!

Natures way of saying keep a safe distance.Nice shots and probably ones you will not forget any time soon.:1247:

So the owner of the camp got a bit nervous that one of his customers is bleeding from the head. Apparently peacocks are quite territorial, and this one happens to be in heat, and that his wife was killed by stray dogs not too long ago....
Poor thing just lost his wife! Can ya blame him? :(

Great shots though!

those colours are fanastic

Most reactions

Back