Damn problems continue

OMG, this thread is giving me a headache. I know, my own fault, I don't have to read it. My wife has been pissing for the last two days about the same kind of thing...

Good luck, it is your perogative to vent here, I hope it works out for you.

Windows ME... this is the problem right here.

When I was running a large network, I removed all copies of that OS from the Workstations. It was either NT4 or 2000 on them instead.

I'd say just upgrade to a new Scanner, really, they're cheap... Check out Tiger Direct and you can get some good deals. Maybe even one with USB 2.0 which will be a lot faster.

I imagine there are people out there who have already written a boot.ini that will work with what your trying to do.

But, if your running xp it should just give you the option at start up to run either operating system regardless of the boot file. You might also want to look into running win2k as opposed to ME as it's a better operating system.

Actually Windows ME is the solution.

Don't get me wrong I've had this talk with Battou, and frankly I'm amazed. I think he's a system admin God or something given that he was actually.... happy with that OS.... yeah I **** you not, tell em Battou.

I always thought every install of Windows ME was so self destructive that it couldn't run for longer than a few weeks without a full reformat, but here we have a genius that not only managed to keep a stable system running for ever, but managed to do it with SCSI too.

I kiss the very ground you walk on Battou :hail:

But i am wonder if Battou can just reformat the newer system and install ME on it?

Actually Windows ME is the solution.

Don't get me wrong I've had this talk with Battou, and frankly I'm amazed. I think he's a system admin God or something given that he was actually.... happy with that OS.... yeah I **** you not, tell em Battou.

I always thought every install of Windows ME was so self destructive that it couldn't run for longer than a few weeks without a full reformat, but here we have a genius that not only managed to keep a stable system running for ever, but managed to do it with SCSI too.

I kiss the very ground you walk on Battou :hail:

Ten years, and it was a piece of internal hardware that died bringing about it's replacement. Yes I can fix it, it's just the PSU that went, but it really was time for a new computer. I was really looking forward to being able to process form home from scan to internet on one PC.

But i am wonder if Battou can just reformat the newer system and install ME on it?

I could but I would be unable to use Photoshop CS3 and CS4, additionally the modem I am using requires XP or higher so I would have to sacrifice the internet as well.

Ten years, and it was a piece of internal hardware that died bringing about it's replacement. Yes I can fix it, it's just the PSU that went, but it really was time for a new computer. I was really looking forward to being able to process form home from scan to internet on one PC.

10 years on ME?

Wow.

That really is an accomplishment. lol I think I may have to bow in awe as well.

additionally the modem I am using requires XP or higher so I would have to sacrifice the internet as well.

??? We're not talking 56kbps modem here are we? All broadband modems in australia pretty much plug into Ethernet, are yours different?

Problem solved

For any in the future who encounter this situation. The solution in this particular case was too simple to spot....I had to uninstall my HP desk jet F300 series all in one printer. I did not think a USB all in one printer was going to interfere with the SCSI scanner, however it did. The error comes up when the canon software tries to set a default printer.

Anyone trying to install this scanner on on windows XP should uninstall their all in one prior to FS 2710 installation. The all in one can be reinstalled without problems after the FS 2710 is configured I do believe, as I did have the same all in one running on my ME system along with the FS-2710.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back