DAMN!!

Steve5D

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've got tomorrow off, so tonight I'm heading into Westchester, NY and then, tomorrow, I'll be taking the train into New York City. I'd planned to visit the promised land: B&H. For some odd reason, though, they're closed tomorrow.

I'm still going to New York, but... but... DAMN...

Think of it this way....you saved yourself a bunch of $$. At least this would be my problem in there.

They must have Jewish owners. They were closed for Passover as well.

This a joke? B&H management is very Jewish.

Not a joke. I have no knowledge about them except they are a photography store, and their website was closed during Passover. I just made an assumption.

They must have Jewish owners. They were closed for Passover as well.

This a joke? B&H management is very Jewish.

Sales staff is mostly all-male too, at least from what I have read of the most-recent lawsuit filed against them (the most-recent suit *I* am aware of that is), alleging sex discrimination in the workplace. But yes, B&H follows their religious faith quite markedly, with closures on the various holy days, and the sabbath.

I think we saw this discussion in an earlier thread. Let's not turn this into a B&H flame thread. Discussion is fine as long as it doesn't turn ugly.

Last edited:
Adorama observes the same holidays B&H does.

You can take to the bank that both are highly reputable.

I don't question their reputation at all; I've bought plenty from them.

I also do not fault them an iota for running their business as they do in this regard.

We figured out what holiday it was. It took me and three of my Jewish friends to determine that it was Tisha B'av yesterday, which commemorates the destruction of the first and second temples in Jerusalem.

I was just bummed because it was my birthday yesterday, and I was treated to a trip to Manhattan.

I did save a bunch of money since they were closed, though, I don't doubt that!

B&H doesn't even let their website work on the Sabbath.

Taking orders would be allowing business to proceed on the Sabbath. I am semi-surprised that they actually allow their web-site to function on the Sabbath but that was probably allowed as a passive representation of their business - like signs on buildings - and not a positive act, as taking orders would be.

It would be interesting if Henry (from B&H) or Helen (from Adorama) would find out from their owners the reasoning that allows then to leave their websites to function.

Adorama observes the same holidays B&H does.

You can take to the bank that both are highly reputable.

I stand corrected....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back