dance of the fireflies

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Cool, that is something l really miss about the other end of the country.

Very nice shots and an interesting challenge. #2 has a really nice light trails on the flies. I like the shots with the foreground shadows boosted (or did you light paint? I think even getting almost close to an HDR look would fit these shots.

Cool set. #3 for me. I like how the house lights are subdued a little and don't detract from the fireflies as much. I used to fish for bluegill with them in Indiana, they worked great because after you hooked them and threw them in they still lit up. You could see them blink as they sank and strike me dead if I'm lying, it didn't take more than 5 seconds after they hit the water that I would get a strike. Their light really attracted the fish.

Cool, that is something l really miss about the other end of the country.

According to one of the locals we spoke to, it’s an annual phenomenon that lasts a very short time.

Very cool - one of those things I've never actually seen in person.

It was super cool! I have seen the occasional firefly while in the country but never something like this.

Nice set......

Thanks...

Very nice shots and an interesting challenge. #2 has a really nice light trails on the flies. I like the shots with the foreground shadows boosted (or did you light paint? I think even getting almost close to an HDR look would fit these shots.

A little of both. My friend was doing a bit of light painting for us but she was shooting full frame so the long exposure times were different and I ended up having to lift shadows a bit but couldn’t do much because of the noise.

Cool set. #3 for me. I like how the house lights are subdued a little and don't detract from the fireflies as much. I used to fish for bluegill with them in Indiana, they worked great because after you hooked them and threw them in they still lit up. You could see them blink as they sank and strike me dead if I'm lying, it didn't take more than 5 seconds after they hit the water that I would get a strike. Their light really attracted the fish.

My brother fishes, I’ll have to mention that to him.

Nice Pictures =]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back