Dancing Tree Silhouette C&C

c_pass

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone,

I took this shot on the beach while on vacation, The tree instantly reminded me of a dancing lady...
I tried to do a silhouette shot here... Since I was looking into the sun..

I shot with my 35 prime at F25, ISO-100, Shutter Speed 1/800

ec9d191a.jpg

Thanks for any C&C

If you are going for a silhouette look, you need to darken the sand/tree (up contrast maybe). The water isn't straight which bothers me; I honestly think that being straight at the expense of the tree being a bit crooked is worth it. Otherwise, pretty good shot!

The horizon really does need to be straight. This shot isn't all that dynamic. It is a vertical shot with a vertical subject in the center. Try a landscape orientation with an off center subject. Also, the colors in the background are a bit dull. What if you bump the saturation?

If you are going for a silhouette look, you need to darken the sand/tree (up contrast maybe). The water isn't straight which bothers me; I honestly think that being straight at the expense of the tree being a bit crooked is worth it. Otherwise, pretty good shot!

Thanks for the advice...

Took another pass at it this moring, what do you think

eb99d155.jpg

Just seen this pole that I didin't like in the shot, so I updated one more time

b8311caa.jpg

The horizon really does need to be straight. This shot isn't all that dynamic. It is a vertical shot with a vertical subject in the center. Try a landscape orientation with an off center subject. Also, the colors in the background are a bit dull. What if you bump the saturation?

Thanks again for your advice....
Took one more stab at it.. I only have a vertical shot of this..

896e2cc3.jpg

Why did you choose to crop it and center the tree when you removed the pole?
I did it because I was thinking to fill the frame more...

last crop is much better than the previous where it was centered, always try to use the rule of thirds if at all possible

Most reactions

Back