Dandelion Photos for C&C

Photog- for your dogs wagging tail you would want a fast shutter speed so it stays sharp and doesn't blur (also why I uses a fast shutter for the dandelions). Sorry if you already knew this, not sure I understand what you're asking otherwise.
he was asleep and hadnt been moving... it wasnt blurry it was out of focus and whenever i first got it i didnt know about aperature so i just had it wide opern...

The DoF comment was directed at the OP, I believe. Slower shutter means more time for the subject to move before it closes = more blur.

Slower shutter means more light gets to the sensor during an exposure. It doesn't have anything to do with the subject moving.

Yes, but we're talking about dandelions in the wind here (moving objects). Slower shutter will not make the stem any sharper which is what photog4life was suggesting.
i was not thinking about the movement when i made the comment... but also it doesnt have to be much faster... but anyway whatever at this point it is probably just confusing the op so lets drop it
? or even talk to me privately?

Slower shutter means more light gets to the sensor during an exposure. It doesn't have anything to do with the subject moving.

Yes, but we're talking about dandelions in the wind here (moving objects). Slower shutter will not make the stem any sharper which is what photog4life was suggesting.
i was not thinking about the movement when i made the comment... but also it doesnt have to be much faster... but anyway whatever at this point it is probably just confusing the op so lets drop it
? or even talk to me privately?

Hey, be careful NOT using your shift button. I got scolded for that once already. :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back