Dang! Stupid, totally cr***y tripod of mine!

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
When I tried to get "wind in the bushes" photos this morning using long exposures along with a small aperture to get motion blur in the wind swept trees, I first only took horizontal pics with the tripod (see here ), and then I thought the bush might be better framed vertically ... but my tripod is totally and utterly "uncooperative" like that! It MOVES. The camera moves downward. And at exposures of 1 second and more, it becomes ever so visible.

I still kind of like these total bloopers in their "impressionist painting" variety ... and the green bushes look like they are on fire in one of the three pics here:

bldesstativ2.jpg

bldesstativ3.jpg

bldesstativ.jpg

But grrr :madass: :grumpy: --- seems like I never invest enough into my tripods, they are all too cr***y and weak to support the 300mm lens well :cry: ...

woha... thats some movement your getting there!

Some tripods benefit from being weighted by hanging a bag or something from the center pole.... could be worth a try.... but as i remember from our little meet-up your tripod was very light compared to mine anyway, which is great for those long walks... but you might want a more solid one for windy days. ;)

I like the effect... does look like the tree's on fire! You should have told us this was the result of extensive Photoshop work :lol:

Most reactions

Back