Matt Tilghman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.matttilghman.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The Cades Cove loop road in Great Smoky Mountains National Park is well visited, often overcrowded with tourists. Even so, this view felt like it was all my own. My friend and I kept calling this “Dan’s Place”, even though the signage referred to it by its more formal name, Dan Lawson’s cabin. But we couldn’t help be thrust backwards in time when we soaked in this view. While life was undoubtedly hard for these frontier settlers, I imagine there were times too where Dan just sat by his cabin, relaxed, and marveled at the stunning sunset landscape in front of him. Perhaps he also invited friends, and they met at Dan’s Place to soak in the view together.

Dan's Place - Cades Cove

Always try to visit Cades Cove in the spring and fall during one of the regular trips to the mountains. Never fail to see something that amazes me, it's a beautiful place with abundant wildlife. That said, I'm not a fan of the colors in this shot, little to much red/orange, maybe cool down the WB

Beautiful. If those are the true colors ... Wow ... what a nice evening. If there was a bit of saturation going on ... then maybe a lower case wow.

I have a new name, Matt's Place.

Thanks for the comments guys. I always try to keep the colors similar to what I witnessed, and not over saturate. That being said, I've gotten similar comments a few times lately, so maybe my monitor is due for a recalibration.

Thanks again!

Edit: OK just changed the photo, tried to bring the colors under control a bit. Unfortunately there's not too much I can do without making it simply look washed out, because the uniformity of color really was that uniformly orange in the original file!

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back