“Danseur de la Lumière”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it the only photo you took ? Hope not.

After looking long enough, it looks like she is doing the splits. Impressive - it just took me too long to figure it out. I think the biggest problem is that in (I am assuming) going for the high key/washed out look, the leg and tutu, which would give the definition to identify the position she is in, have been blown out. Just not doing it for me.

The French title adds +10 photo points.

The French title adds +10 photo points.

But the strength of the window support subtracts those 10 points...

I think some heroic recovery of the highlights on the floor and tutu might help this image. I absolutely LOVE light,airy, high-key-feeling shots on subjects like ballet and dance and feminine portraiture/wedding,etc.. In this shot, what I think hurts it is the "strength" of the background elements; they are very strong, large, solid, geometric shapes. Her shadow on the floor is nice, but the blown-out patch on the left hand side of the shadow really is hurting the shot. "Light advances, dark recedes," being the old,old concept...the shot could probably be strengthened if more emphasis could be shifted to "her", and a bit of emphasis shifted away from the physical aspects of the shot (ie, the strong,angular background, the blown highlights on floor).

Maybe this shot could get that added emphasis on "her" by showing it in color??? Even with the blown highlights, which look very hot and might go "yellow" (icky!!!) if converted to plain color; the answer MIGHT be found by applying a rather heavy Lightroom or Instagram-type filter, to produce a very exaggerated color rendering, and one in which a few blown highlights would actually look "deliberate" and "artsy".

Don't give it up man, each of us got own amount of whipping, for both, pics and words. You cannot harden the steel without the heat.

Please delete.

If you want it deleted quickly, you should probably contact a mod or admin. They're the ones who can delete. Until then, you can always edit your first post to "n/m".

Honestly, the picture isn't so horrible that it needs deleting. These guys have to get the sarcasm out of their systems before they're any real help. If you ask specific questions about what you could do better next time, they've got tons to offer. ;) (I'm still learning, so I'm not nearly as helpful, unfortunately.)

This thread is funny.

I like the image though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back