“Danseur de la Lumière”

Status
Not open for further replies.
The OP did start there. And how does anyone know what the OP wanted or expected? The OP hasn't even been posting on the board long enough for people to get to know what he's all about. There seem to have been a lot of assumptions made.

I don't think I've ever seen anything like this, it comes across as making excuses to justify comments being posted that come across as inconsiderate or at the very least not helpful or particulary relevant (and not just in this thread). Empty praise isn't particularly helpful but critique can be direct or straightforward without being disrespectful.

The OP did start there. And how does anyone know what the OP wanted or expected? The OP hasn't even been posting on the board long enough for people to get to know what he's all about. There seem to have been a lot of assumptions made.

I don't think I've ever seen anything like this, it comes across as making excuses to justify comments being posted that come across as inconsiderate or at the very least not helpful or particulary relevant (and not just in this thread). Empty praise isn't particularly helpful but critique can be direct or straightforward without being disrespectful.

Well.. you probably wont be successful in changing how things are done around here... other have tried before, without success! And I suspect you won't be happy here, since most of your posts have been complaining about how people are treated here. I hope that isn't the case... but as I said, things are unlikely to change.

Sharon, I am not long here, but this is my longest active stay on one forum and that is precisely because of C&C. I cannot speak for every photo forum in the world, but in my experience this one is very balanced. In contrast I've seen forums dominated by a few individuals and if you not with them you will be "destroyed", or forums which are just a clack. Both of the types will not bring anything constructive. TPF has very open style of discussion, all ideas are welcome, there is no singular, only right guru. TPF has many very experienced photographers as a members, many of them for very long time. I find their posts quite interesting not only from "photographic" point of view but general. Sometimes there is a bit of sarcasm and irony and little clashes, but that's life. In an environment of creativity (however small it would be) you must expect an exchange of opinions as people have to evaluate their way of thinking.

There is a lot more to understanding people than just the specific words. I think the overly dramatic negative response to comments (that were at worst a little tart) makes it pretty clear the op did not receive what they wanted.

Since you have called me out by name, I'll respond directly. I've reread your posts and see what you don't like about my comments, but don't really see much constructive advice on what you do want me to do. Isn't this what you are unhappy with in my posts? In this case, there are a lot of possible solutions for the concerns that I had with photo. I suppose I could have listed out a dozen step-by-steps, but I gave the op enough credit to assume that they had the ability to work on these things independently until they asked for more. I apologize for assuming.

This forum aside, the world is not all warm fuzzies and participation trophies. But so far I have not delved into cold daggers either. I guess I tend to be more to the point than some would like, but rarely is it more than that. Cut the bull$hit, get down to business, and get on with it. I've reread my posts in this thread and find nothing more than that. As a peace offering, I'll offer my only direct, clear suggestion I have for you. Ignore me. There's a button for it somewhere, but I won't say where because I don't know. Never used it. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and at least skim what people have to say.

Well.. you probably wont be successful in changing how things are done around here... other have tried before, without success! And I suspect you won't be happy here, since most of your posts have been complaining about how people are treated here. I hope that isn't the case... but as I said, things are unlikely to change.

Oh Charlie...love ya man, but that's a load of crap. :thumbdown: Things can change when you actively put forth an effort to make them change. Sharon is on target here and I'm not targeting you, per se, but this is just another one of those threads where there are a lot of assumptions made by the members. You guys pigeonhole people on the strength of a few posts, and you know it! There IS a better way to find out what the OP was trying to achieve without all the flak.

Oh Charlie...love ya man, but that's a load of crap. :thumbdown: Things can change when you actively put forth an effort to make them change. Sharon is on target here and I'm not targeting you, per se, but this is just another one of those threads where there are a lot of assumptions made by the members. You guys pigeonhole people on the strength of a few posts, and you know it! There IS a better way to find out what the OP was trying to achieve without all the flak.

Terri,

I am not saying that I like the way this turned out... but the OP didn't stick around long enough for it to get turned around like it may have. I also didn't see anything in the first half dozen posts that justified the "Inappropriate Comments" post with a request to delete the thread. I still the the OP WAY over-reacted with the Flounce.. there was no real justification for that. But at least he was willing to come back and leave a parting comment that was nicely done.

I would also disagree that that VintageSnaps posts are on target (at least as far as the comments made prior to the OP doing the Exit).. after that, yea... the posts got a little out of hand maybe.

Last edited:
But at least he was willing to come back and leave a parting comment that was nicely done.
Not quite. I still want him back with an explanation why my and the others responses were so inappropriate. We ask him to stay, we ask him to undertake discussion. No, he ran, but not without throwing one bomb back.

But at least he was willing to come back and leave a parting comment that was nicely done.
Not quite. I still want him back with an explanation why my and the others responses were so inappropriate. We ask him to stay, we ask him to undertake discussion. No, he ran, but not without throwing one bomb back.

Yea.. but at least he was polite about it... that in itself is unusual!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back