Dark Eyed Junco.

Nice! I love Junco's! Spotted the first one the season this week under our feeders!

thanks,

it does not look that grainy on my screen.

Nice Shot. I think what JC is seeing is not grain but looks like what I call goose bumps from global sharpening but I could be wrong.

Thanks, I did sharpen the heck out of it,, I don't normally do that

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

I do see signs of over sharpening. I usually sharpen just the subject then mask out the background so it does not effect the back ground. It makes a big difference. Im by no means saying its a bad photo because I think its nice. But if processed a little differently it could really stand out. Very nice birds shots you have been putting up lately

This is just a really quick edit showing just the bird being sharpened and the back ground just blurred out. Not how I would go about doing this but it just shows how just the subject gets sharpened. Normally in photo shop I create a duplicate layer then I do a high pass sharpen then mask out the back ground. There is so many different ways to do this but this is just a quick run down. You tube is a great place to learn the different ways and then just pick your method you like.

This is not my image its dannylightning photo I only edit it because it said it was ok on his profile
bird2.jpg

Thank you.. i have been having a good run and seeing different types of birds lately.

to my eye the blurred out background does not really do anything different to me. i guess my eyes are drawn to the bird becasue when i look at the one i posted i really did not notice the background.. when i went back and forth from my edit to yours i was not seeing any difference till i really paid attention to the background, than i noticed what you did.

i mainly use lightroom to edit my photos, i just got that photo shop/lightroom CC deal. I just recently got started using photoshop, learned how to do a few things like move or remove objects and some other usefull stuff but for most of my photos it seems like all i need is lightroom so i have just been sticking with that. plus i like to have a finished copy in raw and J-peg and from what i understand once you send something to Photoshop its no longer a raw file so that also detours me a bit from going the photo shop rout if i don't really need to.

i normally only sharpen the images a little, i just kind of wanted to see how the image would look if i cranked the sharpening up to max and i though it looked descent so i left it that way..

I am by no means saying what you did is wrong just another approach at things. I believe photography is what ever suits your eyes and trying different things is great. Again nice photos you been posting. I hope I didnt offend you by posting the edit because I am by no means a pro just a hobbyist who enjoys learning as much as possible.

I am by no means saying what you did is wrong just another approach at things. I believe photography is what ever suits your eyes and trying different things is great. Again nice photos you been posting. I hope I didnt offend you by posting the edit because I am by no means a pro just a hobbyist who enjoys learning as much as possible.

nope, i was not offended, its always cool to hear other peoples ideas and how they do things.. thanks for the compliments. i do need to get back on photoshop here soon and play with it some more though..

I bet that one would you did would look great printed on aluminum.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back