Dark Water

Here is the edited version as suggested by @smoke665 . I can see the merits in both but could still have done with some room on the right of the limestone outcrop.
View attachment 185357

Personally I like the edited crop, because of the balance it brings. However that's not to say that it's any better/worse then the original, just a different perspective. I agree that a little more room on the right would have been an improvement.

This is the calmest water I have ever seen

A 60 sec exposure made the water look like ice.

A 60 sec exposure and it appears those ships haven't moved at all .... you got lucky in that they weren't moving (or barely moving) or else you would've captured a couple blurs on the horizon. I think you mentioned it to me before but what ND filter did you use for that? I've never tried long exposures with water and I like what you've done here.

This is the calmest water I have ever seen

A 60 sec exposure made the water look like ice.

A 60 sec exposure and it appears those ships haven't moved at all .... you got lucky in that they weren't moving (or barely moving) or else you would've captured a couple blurs on the horizon. I think you mentioned it to me before but what ND filter did you use for that? I've never tried long exposures with water and I like what you've done here.

The ships were either moored or moving slowly at a distance which would account for the absence of blur. I was using the Gobe brand screw in 10 stop ND on this one. Give it a go and post your results. I look forward to seeing the images.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The cropped image looks much better imo, better ratio, sky has more impact and bit of a pano look.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back