What's new

Darkness Rising

bentcountershaft

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Nov 1, 2009
Messages
2,551
Reaction score
1,061
Location
Southern Indiana, USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like it. Perhaps some of you will too. Perhaps not. Let me know either way.


img4216e.jpg
 
I want to like it.

I dont get rising out of it at all. Nothing suggests height or movement. It's kinda flatlining for me. It feels all crampy over on the right side.

If you are unhappy with my opinion, feel free to launch into a tirade.
 
Yeah, suddenly I have the urge to caveat every post.
I am also afraid to "like" anyones posts out of fear that it may strengthen apparent bonds.

So, do you get a rise out of BentShafts image?
 
Last edited:
not really getting a rising feeling either, more of a "coming at you out of the screen" feel... this is the railing on a set of stairs correct?
 
I dunno. I assumed it was the handrail of an antique people mover at the airport. You know, way back when we had steam powered areoplanes.
 
It is indeed a rail looking downstairs. It could be stairs at a Zeppelinport though :lol:. Cropping was a bit of a problem due to some artifacts I was trying to avoid. Mo better?

img4216g.jpg
 
Still not really "rising". I like the use of light here, though, and the way the colour of the wood comes out, and the texture and patterns. But "rising"? Not really.
But I like the idea of the antique handrail of airports from the time when they still flew steampowered planes! :D I quite like THAT thought.
 
I didn't have time to post earlier as I had a doctor's appointment but I agree that Rising isn't all that good of a title.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom