Darkroom Equipment for Sale

General Futtock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello. Although this is my first post on this forum, it's not quite as shameless as it might seem. I have an enlarger and associated darkroom equipment that I would like to see go to a good home. The enlarger is a Vivitar 356 colour enlarger that I bought nearly new a long time ago. I used it at the occasional hobby level for B&W prints, but never got as far as colour printing (family life came along). It's been in storage in my basement for the last 25 years and I can't see myself ever picking up the threads again.

The enlarger is complete with Owner's Manual, power supply, colour head, condenser assembly, optional enlarging lens (Vivitar 50mm, 1:2.8 six element lens), negative carrier, and optional filter holder. It has a very sturdy box-beam column and baseboard. I even have the original shipping box.

The problem with all this is that it's big and it's heavy. It's probably close to 40 lb all in. I'm on the west coast of Canada, so shipping might be expensive. If the shipping cost is prohibitive, I have two suggestions:

First, if you already have one of these enlargers (they were very popular), I would sell it without the column and base since these are by far the heaviest parts. Say, US$40 either way.

Second, if you are in the process of setting up a darkroom, I have lots of other darkroom stuff which, although it would add to the total weight, would make the overall shipping cost more justifiable. I still have several dev tanks, a masking frame, contact printer, focus finder, tongs, and an enlarger timer. I bought all this stuff new, so it's seen very little use. US$60 for all of these accessories, which is a small fraction of what they cost.

Let's see whether I can figure out how to include photographs:

Hope that works. If you are interested in any of this, feel free to ask me for specific photographs if that helps.

EDIT: sorry, I've given up on the photographs after three attempts. Perhaps private email will work better.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back