Darkroom printing

Do you buy coffee by the cup every day, or even once a week?

Considering the price of silver-based photographic materials like film and paper, a 1980s era dark room guidebook would be well worth the two to $5 price.

Considering the price of silver-based photographic materials like film and paper, a 1980s era dark room guidebook would be well worth the two to $5 price.
I'll try to get one one way or another.

There was a very good darkroom data guide published by Kodak for many years. There were also some other independent books published in the 1960s 1970s and 1980s, and a few into the 1990s. Your University or local library or large local used bookstore might have something for a very reasonable price, or in the case of libraries, for free!

One book that is really useful is entitled the Kodak Master darkroom data Guide

There was a very good darkroom data guides published by Kodak for many years. There were also some other independent books published in the 1960s 1970s and 1980s, and a few into the 1990s. Your University or local library or large local used bookstore might have something for a very reasonable price, or in the case of libraries, for free!

One book that is really useful is entitled the Kodak Master darkroom data Guide
Reasonable prices haha very funny. There non-existent here in California

FWIW....... i am going to be the voice of oposition here.
I would say you should definitely make a test.
I would not assume the Satin has the same speed or contrast as the Gloss

FWIW....... i am going to be the voice of oposition here.
I would say you should definitely make a test.
I would not assume the Satin has the same speed or contrast as the Gloss
It has the same speed no matter which finish you used as long as it’s also Ilford MG IV RC Deluxe. I’ve read and compared the tiny pamphlet it came with

Re your question
Make a test for not only each type of paper but for each batch. I alway record to write off the first and last sheet from a pack of paper. I did a test strip which was taped to each pack with all the setting written on. Also as paper ages it can become softer/loss of at least 1 grade.
The frustration of a c nappy pic because Of avoidable errors is huge. Even in the digital world.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back