What's new

Daughter of Woman CC

er111a

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
1,896
Reaction score
6
Location
Virginia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
daughter_of_woman_by_er111a-d5uj5w3.jpg

Thanks
 
It's a very interesting shot. I've been checking it out for a little while. I have no idea how the title fits w/ the shot though.
 
Aren't all daughters and sons alike "of women?"
 
it's a parody of Son of Man
 
Is that a lilypad?

Fun fact: René Magritte painted the apple because he was terrible at faces. He also had a terrible fear of pails and buckets.
 
Gotcha now.
 
I like the way this messes with my head, mirrored, not mirrored, stillness, movement.
I think I will be re-visiting this a few times...
 
Are we really sure that is a daughter? Looks like it could be a son or something in between. :er:
 
This is... weird. I like it.
 
Ok, I get it now. I think. Thanks for the explanation. It is a pretty strange shot. Really draws the viewer in though, quite effective.
 
Thank you everyone and yes it is a girl people haha
 
weird, yes. Art, yes. What is it, I don't know. I look, I like the texture, color, implied movement in the backdrop, strange. Good job, invoking reaction FTW.
 
I don't wonder about the shot, but wonder as to where the photography ends and the graphic replaces. Then again, Mishele does similar actions with her flowers and we all laud the creation (and rightly so). I think this image deserves the same kind of recognition of understanding both the graphic and pohotographic aspects of art combined with some very well accomplished textures, compositional stance and props. Bravo!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom