TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
er111a.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
daughter_of_woman_by_er111a-d5uj5w3.jpg

Thanks

I'm sorry, but I don't really get it. Am I missing something here ?

It's a very interesting shot. I've been checking it out for a little while. I have no idea how the title fits w/ the shot though.

Aren't all daughters and sons alike "of women?"

Is that a lilypad?

Fun fact: René Magritte painted the apple because he was terrible at faces. He also had a terrible fear of pails and buckets.

I like the way this messes with my head, mirrored, not mirrored, stillness, movement.
I think I will be re-visiting this a few times...

Are we really sure that is a daughter? Looks like it could be a son or something in between. :er:

Ok, I get it now. I think. Thanks for the explanation. It is a pretty strange shot. Really draws the viewer in though, quite effective.

weird, yes. Art, yes. What is it, I don't know. I look, I like the texture, color, implied movement in the backdrop, strange. Good job, invoking reaction FTW.

I don't wonder about the shot, but wonder as to where the photography ends and the graphic replaces. Then again, Mishele does similar actions with her flowers and we all laud the creation (and rightly so). I think this image deserves the same kind of recognition of understanding both the graphic and pohotographic aspects of art combined with some very well accomplished textures, compositional stance and props. Bravo!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back