day at the park. C&C please

brianyi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
spent the day at the recreational park reading and still learning how to use the camera well. All shots were used with the XTI kit lens(and my only one lol) 18mm-55mm EF

not the park but before i left :p My pomeranian. damsel in distress!
IMG_2265.jpg

IMG_2276.jpg

neat flower I found sitting by its lonesome self. torn beauty, if anything to call it

IMG_2306.jpg

IMG_2313.jpg

IMG_2312.jpg

my best attempt to get the glare out. still no luck

Read page 57 or the XTi owner's manual regarding the selecting of the AF Point. This will give you control over which focus point is used instead of the camera just choosing the focus point (usually on the closest object).

In the first shot the focus is on the dog's nose instead of the eyes. For portrait type shots of people and animals you want to focus on the eyes so that the eyes are sharp and in focus.

And you're centering your shots which makes them static and boring. You want to offset the main subject a little to create a little dynamic tension. For the first two you want to place the subject either to the left or right of center horizontally and either above or below the middle vertically. Same with the lake scenes...don't place the horizon line right in the middle of the frame vertically.

Digital Photography Tips For Beginners

Digital Photography Composition Tips

Taking Better Pictures: Composition

Photo Composition - Your Photo As A Story

Good Photo Composition Is Essential

Learn Photo Composition

How To Make A Killer Photo Using 8 Simple Composition Rules

The Golden Section In Photo Composition

How To Improve Your Photography - 5 Easy Tricks

Thanks for the links! They are a fun read and indeed gave me different ideas to shoot better photos.

Most reactions

Back