Day at the park

Luminosity

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I had my 3 year old nephew over my place for the weekend just gone ...went to the park on Sunday and basically ran amok :D.

Spent five minutes so far on lightening two of the pics ( they scanned in too dark ) and I cropped one.Other then that I havent played around with them in photoshop.
Most of the shots are very blurry , due to a child who wont stay still for a SECOND and a complete amatuer behind the camera :lol:...
I am curious as to what other people would do to improve these pics so if you have any suggestions/critiques....fire away ;).

CodyShadow1.jpg

Playing on a basketball court against his opponent , Cody's Shadow .... !

CodyPeek1.jpg

Peekaboo .....

CodyFountain.jpg

Phew , running around like a hooligan is thirsty work ....!

Awww....he's so cute! I'm betting auntie Lumi was beat by the end of the day... :wink:

What film speed did you use? For an outing like this I wouldn't go less than 400 - you'll capture that action regardless of how hard he tries to outrun you. :wink:

You have great composition - I really like that long shadow in the first image, and he is TOO cute in the second, peeking around that tree. Again, you were ready for him, but the film speed might have failed you here. Film speed, and a fast shutter, will likely be your best friends next time.

The water fountain shot is clearly your best exposure. Did you keep exposure log of your settings? It can really help when you review your stuff. They do look a little dark, but I won't comment on that since I don't know who developed them, or how well your scanner works - plus I know my work monitor is crappy. :p

Thanks Terri :sillysmi:
Yep auntie Lumi tried to tire the Codeman out but the joke was on her at the end of the day ;)...

Film speed was 400 , hon. This is the first proper roll of film in this camera that I've taken ( unless ya count the roll the guy loaded incorrectly for me :LOL: ) so I'm still gettin a feel for the cam and I totally agree , it IS too dark ...not to mention blurry.
I will def learn from it tho and set a higher shutter speed in similar circumstances next time around.
I didnt keep an exposure log but I need to start doin that.

I didnt keep an exposure log but I need to start doin that.

Well, they're sort of a PITA, especially with the Flying Cody underfoot.... :wink: Was probably impossible that day!!!

Sounds like you have the right film, so I'd double check your shutter speeds for the little guy next time. :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back