Day Lily

ceeboy14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Also posted as a B&W

$9020661642_1c348604e6_o.jpg

The background seems to have streaks blurring it which draws me away from the beautiful flower.

I have photographed many flowers, but very view day lilies with these superb tones. Love the richness of the colors. It is true that the background is a little bit distracting...
but I still love the shot!

Where I shot this magnificent flower is in a garden with 1912 fellow plants (these are all farmed specimens of the highest quality, some selling for as high as $250 per plant) squished in and around one another. It would be virtually impossible to shoot one without some background. I minimize the best I can but there will always be some distractive elements...such is life.

Where I shot this magnificent flower is in a garden with 1912 fellow plants (these are all farmed specimens of the highest quality, some selling for as high as $250 per plant) squished in and around one another. It would be virtually impossible to shoot one without some background. I minimize the best I can but there will always be some distractive elements...such is life.

No wonder the flower is so gorgeous! I would be curious to see shots of these hundred dollars flowers.

A really striking flower, but I agree about the background, specifically the flower in the upper left. True, there is always stuff in the background, but I didn't think you were averse to cloning or to darkening/desaturating.

Most reactions

Back