Day of the Dead

PeterToronto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Greetings guys

I think that this is the best place to put this pair of images, but just in case it's not, my apologies.

A pair for your consideration from this weekend at the Day of the Dead festivities in Toronto. I'd be curious as to which one you prefer. Neither is an option as well.

Peace
Peter

peter anthony PHOTOGRAPHY - Home

484111.jpg

484112.jpg

I think this subject is a good one for the black and white treatment but of these two particular images I like the color version better. If you are able to play with levels and contrast to to make the blacks just a little blacker and the whites a bit brighter the monochrome may work better (but it may not be possible with this particular capture). I do like how the yellows of the papier mache stand out from the background in the color version, and these blend together a bit in greyscale.

I prefer the bw - true, the background isn't separated as well, but the texture is better - it's very subjective. Overall, though, the face being in shadow really detracts. My eye keeps going to the bright areas on the hat, the shoulder and in the background on the left. You could darken these but that might make it look fake - just something to consider.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back