Day's end - C&C Please

nola.ron

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first sunset attempts. These were taken a few weeks back on my old D3000, but I just rediscovered and processed them last night. C&C appreciated.

untitled-357 by nola-ron, on Flickr

untitled-418 by nola-ron, on Flickr

I like the first one. I do see that half of the pic is a bit under exp and the other half is not.

Nice capture in the first photo. I'd clone out the cars/lights though.

First one is really nice! Second lacks something, not quite sure what.. I like the birds all sitting up in the tree though!

I'm with Fanboy, clone out those lights on No.1 and you got a winner.
2 isn't bad, but theres a few things that may help in along:

Remove the bluish clouds on the left and right
In the middle of the sky, there's something. Is it a Bird... a plane... or is it Superman? Not sure
and again the lights and vehicles through the trees

Nice shots!

Love the 1st picture the most, nice golden tones, love the clouds, and the silouette of the ducks on the water.
2nd picture doesn't do anything for me.

I would suggest the following on top of what has already been said.

1. Fix your horizon, as it's not level.
2. Remove the Airplane Trail in the top right, it doesnt' add anything to the picture.
3. Clone out the smaller birds.. unless I look at the full size picture, they look like dust.

Thanks all for the great feedback! Here's the latest edit on the 1st pic. I removed the small birds, got rid of the jet trailer, and also cloned out the cars on the horizon. I didn't straighten the image because I forgot, but the left side of the horizon is actually coming back around towards the camera.

Day's End by nola-ron, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back