Dayton Air Show C&C! (5 pics)

GTX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want to get some input on a handful of pictures I took at the recent Dayton Air Show. It's the first real time I've been able to use my new Nikon D60.

Some details with these pics; They're taken with various settings, but all are on a AF-S Nikkor 18-55 1:3.5-5.6G Lense. None were with a tripod. I'll have the camera settings listed below each image. Let me know what you all think, if maybe I could've done something different to make them better, or if they're good as they are now, or anything. :D

All were converted from Nikon's RAW format to JPEG FINE using Nikon's software. Some are cropped.

If you want to see ALL of my Air Show pics, check out My quickly made site. All photos are subject to this board (Fell free to edit them or C&C them). :D

20090718-0003.jpg

Exposure: 1/3200 Sec
Program: Manual
Bias: 0
F/5.6
Aperture: F 5.66
ISO 400

20090718-0002.jpg

Exposure: 1/250 Sec
Program: Auto
F/8
Max Aperture: F 5.46
ISO 400

DaytonAirshow-482_cr.jpg

Exposure: 1/1000 sec
Program: Manual
F/5.6
Max Aperture: F 5.66
ISO 400

DaytonAirshow-148_cr.jpg

Exposure: 1/320 Sec
F/9
ISO 100

20090718-0001.jpg

Exposure: 1/250 Sec
F/8
ISO 100

Last edited:
nice shots i ike the first one the best..love the trail of exhaust

Resizing your images would be rather polite.

That's why the site has the automatic resizer to limit the images to a certain point so the board does not get stretched from the images. I left the images to their full, true size, minus cropping, so people can see the FULL detail of the images and be able to tell me if stuff like my ISO settings were off, or if I should've used different exposure times, etc...

Granted, you may be able to see all that in slightly smaller images, but at what point would you define as "too small to see all the detail"?

That's why the site has the automatic resizer to limit the images to a certain point so the board does not get stretched from the images. I left the images to their full, true size, minus cropping, so people can see the FULL detail of the images and be able to tell me if stuff like my ISO settings were off, or if I should've used different exposure times, etc...

Granted, you may be able to see all that in slightly smaller images, but at what point would you define as "too small to see all the detail"?
They take freakin' forever to load. If you would look around in other threads, you won't find images posted at 3872X2592. People can tell if your exposure is off plenty well at 800x600.

:meh:

The large images have been reduced in size to 35% of original.

They take freakin' forever to load. If you would look around in other threads, you won't find images posted at 3872X2592. People can tell if your exposure is off plenty well at 800x600.

:meh:

i think your internet is just slow. they load fine for me.

Granted, you may be able to see all that in slightly smaller images, but at what point would you define as "too small to see all the detail"?[/quote]

:meh:[/QUOTE]

Took me all of about 5 seconds to load this page.

first and third shots are AWESOME! 1st picture is def. my fave =)

Thanks :D I freakin LOVE the first one how it came out. Never even really planned it to make it look like you were in the sky with the plane... it just... happened like that. And I had several like the 3rd one, but I think that was the best one of all of them.

Bitter Jeweler Dude: your internets need updating. Shots loaded fast for me and they look great.

Most reactions

Back