What's new

DC ABBY!!

What say you?!! C&C away!!
15150665960_575dfb91d9_c.jpg

Hi Mish,

I like this. But then I'm a real weirdo for abstract shots and building reflections.

Okay, here's a post-production thought: try getting the center vertical line perfectly vertical and see how that perspective works. I'm thinking it will give you more of a keystone effect and an even better abstract "are my eyes deceiving me?" feel.

Also, I'm not wild about over saturated shots but this is one where it might call for playing with some color. That's b/c (to my addled mind), an abstract concept gives permission to mess with reality and create/enhance colors to the point that they aren't real. A stronger/wilder red (if you could avoid a reddish tint in the rest of the photo) would be very effective I think. I'm also trying to visualize this as a B&W and I think it would work (b/c the nature of this photo is about the lines--the form, and that's one of the things that B&W emphasizes--form).
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #17
What say you?!! C&C away!!
15150665960_575dfb91d9_c.jpg

Hi Mish,

I like this. But then I'm a real weirdo for abstract shots and building reflections.

Okay, here's a post-production thought: try getting the center vertical line perfectly vertical and see how that perspective works. I'm thinking it will give you more of a keystone effect and an even better abstract "are my eyes deceiving me?" feel.

Also, I'm not wild about over saturated shots but this is one where it might call for playing with some color. That's b/c (to my addled mind), an abstract concept gives permission to mess with reality and create/enhance colors to the point that they aren't real. A stronger/wilder red (if you could avoid a reddish tint in the rest of the photo) would be very effective I think. I'm also trying to visualize this as a B&W and I think it would work (b/c the nature of this photo is about the lines--the form, and that's one of the things that B&W emphasizes--form).
Hey Joe!!
I LOVE abstracts, too!! ;) I have a few more of these I'm going to play with and I'll try some of your suggestion. I agree once you go at something from the abstract point of view that the editing options are endless. ;) I'll play with those sliders and see what I come up with!! Thanks so much for the thought out comment!!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #18
Oh and Joe, get a damn avatar, already!!! Jeez!:spank:
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #19
Shameless bump! hehe
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom