DC Meetup and me

LaFoto said:
We found ourselves some flights on BA for €900,- for the two of us (Hamburg - New York with a stop-over at Heathrow each way), which was the best offer we could find anywhere around. (That is about €450,- per person, so that would again be about £ 300,-/person). All we can hope for now is that what says British Airways will also BE British Airways. I was told that even though the flight number might carry the BA plus the number, it is not secured that the carrier will be a British Airways carrier...

Corinna, You should be able to check on the BA website with the flight number, if it's a joint route, then they will tell you who will be operating it - I know they share some routes with quantas to australia, and they do specify who the plane belongs to, should be the same for the states.

omg... if you'll be talking more about the dc meetup I'll end up spending away my cash collected for dslr and just go to dc... ahhh........ grrrrrr....

Anyone from Alberta gonna be going? My chances of going are 0-4% and probably won't change. Unless I can carpool or planepool or whatever down there. Airfare is like 1300$ there and back :grumpy::grumpy:

I'll set a meetup for Western N. America :D

Matty-Bass said:
Anyone from Alberta gonna be going? My chances of going are 0-4% and probably won't change. Unless I can carpool or planepool or whatever down there. Airfare is like 1300$ there and back :grumpy::grumpy:

I'll set a meetup for Western N. America :D
come over to the yet unplanned/totally hypothetical Montreal meetup ;)

and some totally awesome pics, guys! Glad to see you had such fun!

tempra said:
Hmm, American Airlines is £268 with a change at Chicago - have to study finances over the weekend - and the wifes face when I mention it :D
Wow... that's a good deal, but it's like 900 miles out of your way! (considering the distance it takes to fly over washington to Chicago and then back to Washington) Hopefully you don't mind spending a lot of time in a plane ;)

PS the best way to travel between DC and NYC in my opinion is by an Amtrak train. It's a very nice train ride and isn't all that long. You can take one of their high-speed Acela Express trains and get there in even less time than their normal trains, but IMO it's not worth the extra price over the regular ones. Perhaps you could stop by Philly on your way to DC Corinna? (all NYC-DC trains stop here anyway) ;)

I just realized that I'm going to be travelling to Italy on a school trip at the end of March and early April... the timing of this meetup is going to be very interesting. I'll have to see exactly what date I get back. It might turn out I end up arriving home in Philly like the day before the meetup :confused:

Unimaxium said:
Wow... that's a good deal, but it's like 900 miles out of your way! (considering the distance it takes to fly over washington to Chicago and then back to Washington) Hopefully you don't mind spending a lot of time in a plane ;)

Heh, don't even know where Washington is - isn't it in Colombia or somewhere? :thumbup:

;)

Ooh, a Montreal meetup. That would be better. My parents said I should probably see Eastern Canada before the Eastern US:lmao:. Plus it would be cheaper and cooler and no money exchanges or anything like that.

I want to see Canada some day, but that's even more expensive from the UK! I'll have to "make do" with NYC and DC for the time being!

Rob

Most reactions

Back