Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.gsgary.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Kodalith Ortho stand developed in Rodinal 1+100

scan407-XL.jpg

Honestly ? Something didn't work out, picture is quite harsh.

Honestly ? Something didn't work out, picture is quite harsh.

It did just how i wanted it
Eh... You just saying that. Looks like one more experiment of yours. It has very well defined DoF, but it didn't help with isolating the subject, image seems flat (like no 3D illusion). Perhaps the angle of the camera helped to with this flattening of space. Maybe burning of the edges, especially left and bottom would help as they are soooo gray. To the point of being disturbing. What I can see on my screen there is no zone 1and and little of 2. Zone 3,4,5,6,7 are really compressed, little tonal separation. Picture IMHO from what I see on the screen lacks brilliance or is dull, not impressive. In conclusion maybe it is a case of wrong technique for the ocassion.

Eh... You just saying that. Looks like one more experiment of yours. It has very well defined DoF, but it didn't help with isolating the subject, image seems flat (like no 3D illusion). Perhaps the angle of the camera helped to with this flattening of space. Maybe burning of the edges, especially left and bottom would help as they are soooo gray. To the point of being disturbing. What I can see on my screen there is no zone 1and and little of 2. Zone 3,4,5,6,7 are really compressed, little tonal separation. Picture IMHO from what I see on the screen lacks brilliance or is dull, not impressive. In conclusion maybe it is a case of wrong technique for the ocassion.

Have you ever used this film ? it is a very high contrast film, its a good job not everyone thinks the same because a gallery want some of my other Kodalith shots

Have you ever used this film ? it is a very high contrast film, its a good job not everyone thinks the same because a gallery want some of my other Kodalith shots
Hey, I just expressed my opinion. Or,:confused:,you just want a sugar from me ?
And I will not bend to the opinion of the majority if I don's share it. Most people see in photographs only high contrast, sharpness and color saturation, not much beyond that. I can't rely on majority opinion.
Maybe for this Kodalith film you should use a metol and borax based developer after all. That would mitigate some of the high contrast problems and gives more flexibility in printing.

Sorry Gary, I don't think this is one of your best. Medium aside, it lacks a defined subject which causes the eye to never come to rest.

Shoot some pretty girls. Pretty girls we like no matter what. :mrgreen:

I'll shoot a couple of rolls this weekend see if i can get some you 2 like ;)

I am not that picky.

I do like the effects you added. Is that a photoshop action?

I'm going to join the "I don't get this one" crowd.

That said sometimes a photo works best in a set not in isolation - try a few more along this creative path that you've chosen and we'll see. Sadly at present this shot is just saying the dreaded "snapshot" word to me.

Most reactions

Back