Dead tanks and machine gun

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
... both taken ages ago, and first time scanned today .... losely connected with this thread: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...ed-some-ancient-army-images-one-my-boxes.html

1: dead tanks
military_003_v1.jpg

2: machine gun in position
military_004_v2.jpg

Outstanding images. I really like them both. The machine gun is especially powerful, gives a good sense of suspense and dread.

Love #2 , kinda like waiting and wondering what's going to come at you from that tree line !!! :thumbup:

I enjoy both images, but the second photo is my favorite. The composition and the depth of field really make it powerful.

Thanks everyone. Might encourage me to dig more in my old boxes ;)

Alex, two really powerful images. Pic #2 just can't get any better then that. Would you share the when and where?

Those tanks look like they're fighting a war long forgotten. Seriously very cool.

Very good images, making us ask more questions and wanting to know more.

Reminds me of a solo bicycling trip I did in France, going along the coast. Lots of bunkers and pillboxes still visible. Walking down on the Normandy beaches and looking up at the cliffs brought home what it must have looked like to the soldiers landing there. These have some of the same feeling.

did not expect that much response, thanks :)

Most reactions

Back