Dead tree C&C

Tiny

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this photo on Mt Lemmon Tucson, Az. There have been several fires there and its like a forrest of dead trees.
DSC_0252.jpg

Looks pretty cool what did you use for lighting at the base of the tree and just curious what does C&C mean?
C&C means critique and comment and I used just 2 normal off camera flashes to light up the tree.

I love the mood you've created...very, very nice. And the composure is great to at that angle, I may have softened it just a bit, it looks just a little oversharpened to me, but definitely a keeper.

Deb

I've been thinking about doing a shot like this for a while... I had in mind just a single side light instead of underneath. Anyway...I like the strong contrast with the sky and that the sky still has detail. Perhaps I'd like to see a bit more exposure on the sky, at least toward the top, and some detail on the ground. You could flash the ground or use a grad ND to bring the sky and ground closer and either hide or heal out the flash heads. Good job on being creative.

Very nice! I'm wishing for a little more detail at the bottom - at least on my monitor here at work there is no detail at all. If you shot this in RAW, you could process it separately for shadows and maybe recover just a little detail.

I love the lighting. Also the background sky really is great! I would have maybe moved it a little to the right or left. It's a bit centered. But that's me. =)

nice job! interesting how u set the flashes at the base of the dead tree.

Bit boring to be honest, and its not very well composed. Its just a tree with interesting lighting, even then you its just shadows and highlights no mid tones.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back